Thursday, September 30, 2010

Garage sale find!

So we had a garage sale last weekend and one of Cj's work buddies also wanted to have a garage sale.... it was a combined effort! While he was unloading his stuff into my driveway I spotted two lamps that just had to be mine... oh yes, they would be mine! lol I sat and looked at them all day saturday and NO ONE bought them! It was a sign I was supposed to have them, so I picked them up for $5 each! woot!

They definitely needed some TLC but look at the detail... and how tall they were! I mean they practically called my name!
So after cleaning them up a bit and buying 1 can of black spray paint. I was armed with the necessary tools to turn these lamps into the perfect additions to my living room!


These pictures just DO NOT do them justice... they are stunning! after being thoroughly pleased with my new lamps I went on a hunt for the perfect shades, oh and to pick up light bulbs.  I looked everywhere for the perfect lamp shade and was sorely disappointed with the lack of variety at an affordable cost so I went with something simple.... I think I may have to spruce them up but for now they will do.


Yeah... after looking at these pictures... they will definitely have to be spruced up! and... I need to take better pictures! But these lamps look really good on my new end tables I picked up on craigslist for a STEAL.




I am in LOVE with these tables... I just need to figure out a way to paint them.... I'm thinking maybe turquoise.... Maybe......

p.s. my living room looks messy only because this picture was taken post garage sale, when my house was still in shambles... I promise it looks better!

Happy creating!

1 comment:

  1. i LOOVE as in ADORE those side tables. and i definitely think turquoise would be perfect. maybe with a fun glaze.

    ReplyDelete