Friday, April 15, 2011

These Days......

Here are a few things that I have been loving these days:
1. So my best friend has the best recipe for Raspberry tea. This is the absolute best drink when company is over. She uses Bigelow Raspberry Royale.

She brews it in her coffee pot and while its still hot she pours sugar in (to taste). 
I am officially in LOVE I can't get enough Raspberry tea and had it for my birthday dinner this week!



 2. I went to a Tupperware party and was really impressed with the products (not the sales lady but thats for another day) and have been looking for something comparable. I went and bought this  24 piece storage container set from Bed Bath and Beyond and LOVE it! Not only was it on sale but it is exactly what I was looking for!
I also ended up getting a large order from Tupperware so we will see which  I like better!

3. Here is a new one for me! I buy (and inevitably through away) a lot of fruits and veggies everytime I go to the grocery store. I heard about this at the tupperware party and immediately went hunting for the perfect crisper. It has been added to a small collection I now have. (I got several from Tupperware too). I absolutely LOVE it! Not only does it make my fruits and veggies last longer but its also the perfect size for my fruits and veggies and my fridge.


The words on the side are a guide to help you remember how much humidity your fruits and veggies need. Its great!

4. I have always kept my eyes peeled for a trifle bowl that I'm in love with and I have yet to find one..... until now.... Taaaaa daaaaa! I found this beauty at Wal-Mart for $10! Um... yes please! Not only was it a GREAT price its a classically simple yet gorgeous serving dish!


Cant wait to make a dessert in this for the holidays or maybe even a get together.

5. We are moving at the end of May and I have used this time to get rid of anything we don't use regularly and to update a few items that need updating. This is our new shower curtain by Amy Butler. I am loving all of her new patterns and home decor! This will be a GREAT new addition to our home.d



6. I saw these for $0.99 at Target and could NOT walk away! These are absolutely perfect for cutting my fruits and veggies down. Bonus, who can walk away from 4 brand new paring knives for ninety-nine cents?! Not me!



7. Did you know that when you cut lettuce with a metal knife it oxidizes the lettuce and makes it turn brown quicker?! Ya, me neither until this tupperware party! Since I buy ( and throw away) so much lettuce because it turns brown before I can finish it, I figured I would try this and see how it works..... So far its amazing and A LOT sharper than I would have though a plastic knife could be

and yes, I did have to learn that the hard way! lol

8. I was in desperate need of a new cutting board for several reasons. The first reason being that the one I have is wooden and needs to be treated with mineral oil. Number 1 who even knows where to find mineral oil and number 2 after spending almost an entire semester in microbiology I have learned quite a bit about the spread of microorganisms and cross contamination.... I was ready to have an antimicrobial surface to cut my fruits, veggies, and meat on! And I found this at Target for super cheap. (of course on sale)

Extra Bonus, the color is super fun and there are rubber grips on the bottom so this won't slide across the countertop while I am cooking!

9. I have been looking for a covered pie/cake stand, as well. Psssssst, I found one! This was also on sale and happens to be one of my favorite brands of glassware.... Anchor!  I have always liked the look of anchor glassware... nice clean lines..... good heavy quality glass...... and $10! um.... yes please, again! This was a GREAT "happy thursday" gift from CJ!

I'll have to explain "happy Thursday" next blog!
I hope you can find things you have been loving these days! 


Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment