Friday, April 8, 2011

My first furniture work!

First, I really have to work on taking pictures before all of my projects. I always get too excited and jump right in and think...... hmmm wait a minute I was supposed to take a picture........... I'm not so good at slowing down! lol So this project, like every other, I don't have a before picture!
So last year my aunt was moving and had a free desk..... it was horribly ugly but it was free! So I was happy to take it off her hands. I let it sit in a corner of my house for a while without touching it and finally said "ugliness be gone!" lol
I loaded it up and took it to my handy dandy Uncle Dude  to see what he thought what we could do about the super ugly paint. After some serious paint stripping and sanding we got it down to ALMOST wood. I had an idea in my mind as to what I wanted the finished product to look like. Usually when you have a preconceived idea as to what you want you can NEVER find exactly what you are looking for. This was not the time!! I picked an amazing Krylon paint called Pistachio. Then I went to Home Depot and found the exact knobs I was thinking about. Two cans of spray paint later and I was in LOVE!

Please nevermind the jumbled sewing mess on top!

Amazing knobs!

For some reason the color of this picture is kind of yellow.... I will take a new picture and repost it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment